I’ve been loving prosciutto and stuffing chicken with cheese lately. Like totally obsessed.
But this obsessions like any other will pass, I promise.
Just like my obsession with everything peanut butter and chocolate is starting to slowly fade.
Ok maybe not. I don’t think that will ever pass.
What can I say I love the simple things.
And I just love me some lemon pepper chicken.
Add some cheese to the mix and I’m pretty much in heaven! Deelish!
I actually cooked my chicken in the same baking sheet I made my roasted green beans in.
I’m all about not doing dishes, so this was a perfect one pan meal!
Just put everything in the oven and in 20mins Voila! dinner and side all ready!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Lemon Pepper Chicken
Serves: 2 (easily multiplied)
- 2 4oz chicken breasts
- 1 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- sprinkle of dried basil, pepper, sea salt and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pound chicken breast thin.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with a pinch of sea salt, pepper and basil.
- Place 1/2 oz of cream cheese in the middle of each chicken breast, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a drizzle of lemon juice. Roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking pan and drizzle the tops of the chicken breasts with the remaining lemon juice.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top and bake for 20mins or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve with roasted green bean bundles.