Ohmygosh you guys.
You know what I just realized? It’s been a year since I started this little blog.
A whole year! How time flys!
During the year, I had a lot of successes and just as many if not more failures.
I have spilled more flour on my counters than you can imagine, have become a professional dishwasher, burnt myself countless times and have become much more confident in the kitchen.
So what are my faves of the past year you might ask? Well that’s really hard to answer….
Here are my top 10 recipes of the year!
9. Lighter Surf and Turf Creole Pasta: I’m a meat and potato kind of girl so steak is one of my fave meals. And creole spice? Deelish! Over pasta- Yes, please Fancy and easy dinner, perfect for a stay-at-home date night
8. No-Bake Dark Chocolate Biscoff Pie: Probably Mr. Picky’s favorite dessert Oh-soo-good! Dark chocolate and Biscoff – ahhmazing combination! And no-bake! Win-win!
7. Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs: Umm that says it all. Cheese. Meatballs. I’m done here.
6. Chocolate Lover’s Cupcakes: So I think it’s a very well-known fact that I am a chocolate addict. So when I saw this recipe on my favorite food blog HowSweetEats I had to make it right away! These cupcakes totally satisfy all my chocolate cravings They are rich, decadent, a chocolate overdose and a party in my mouth all at the same time! Thanks Jessica for creating this fabulous recipe !
5. The Best Lasagna Rolls: This is what got me into cooking! A long time ago, when me and the hubs were still dating there was an Italian girl in the picture too. Well he claimed that she made the best lasagna ever and so of course, challenge accepted, I had to beat it. So I did some research and came up with this recipe. I’ve made it in the old-fashioned layered way and in the rolls-form and although they’re equally tasty, I personally prefer the rolls better! I love how easy it is to serve and absolutely adore the individual servings And since I got the man, I think I won the lasagna war
4. BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes: In our house, we live, eat, breathe BBQ. Totally obsessed. Super easy and super yummy!
3. Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast: Not the prettiest picture, I know. But boy is this good! Once I discovered it, I made it every day for a week straight and it did not get old. My favorite fall breakfast by far! Easy, sumptuous and if you have guests for brunch they will be soo impressed I promise!
2. Creamy Cheddar, Bacon Stuffed Chicken with Garlic and Lemon: To. Die. For. One of my first posts on this blog and definitely one of my faves. My go-to super quick and delicious dinner that totally satisfies. Cheese. Bacon. Garlic. Cream cheese. Lemon. What’s not to love???
1. Chocoholics Cheesecake: Mind-shattering delicious! Heaven on Earth! Seriously! I couldn’t get enough of this! It was my first time venturing into the real baked cheesecake thing and I went in kind of terrified. And oh gosh how wonderful it turned out!!! Definitely would make over, and over, and over again! My favorite of the year!