- So I am officially having the laziest weekend ever! I haven’t done anything all weekend! The highlight of my day today is that I went to the grocery store to buy some chickpeas to make this and no it’s not because I have nothing going on in my life lol, it’s just that I don’t feel very motivated, that’s all. For example, I was supposed to take my sister shopping today but I’d rather stay at home and watch One Tree Hill and eat Cane’s. Yes I know I am lazy. But tomorrow is Monday and I am starting my diet and I will workout, and I will even drink water blah!
- Did you know I hate water? And yes I am being serious! And no I am not crazy! But seriously, to me water has a taste, or after-taste or maybe both and it’s not good so I just try to avoid it all together. Now you are probably wondering how I am still alive, well I drink a lot of Crystal Light and love it! The strawberry energy one is amazing! Totally worth the few calories
- I love the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs - has anyone tried them? They are great! Yes, they do really work but they are pretty hard to keep with in the beginning. I just wish I “found” more time to do them because they are great! And the instructor, can’t remember his name, is kinda cute and says the funniest things! “Now shake that boom boom” LOL! It’s weird but when I am at the gym and doing some exercises I can totally hear his voice in my head “Do one more, don’t settle for less”, weird right!?
- I am obsessed with the Voice because well Adam Levine is in it and he is irresistable!
- I really wanted to make a chocolate zucchini cake today but there was no zucchini at the grocery store! I know it’s currently not in season and all, but we usually have it in stores year-round. The one time I decided to be a little healthy and make a healthy dessert and I can’t find what I need…. so I ended up making these quick and easy chickpeas and they were great -very addictive
So here is a step by step how to make them
You will only need 5 ingredients: Canola oil, garbanzo beans, sugar, cinnamon and honey Rinse well the beans with cold water until all the starch comes off (it will take just a couple of mins)Transfer to a paper towel to dry. If you want you can remove the skins, but you don’t have to. It does take a couple of minutes so since I am a bit lazy not to remove them and it turned out just fine To make sure they are dried I covered them with a second paper towel to remove any excess moisture.In a bowl mix together the canola oil, sugar and cinnamon.Add in the chickpeas and make sure they are all evenly coated.Now transfer to a baking sheet and cook until they are nice and crunchy. About 35mins. At this point your kitchen smells absolutely heavenly!Then transfer to a bowl and smother with honey and a little more cinnamon :) Transfer back to the baking sheet to dry And now just put them in a pretty bowl and serve Wasn’t that easy! They are a great snack while watching a movie
Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
Makes about 2 cups of roasted chickpeas
- 15 oz chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon + a little extra
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
Directions: Preheat oven to 375F. Drain and rinse well the chickpeas under cold water to get rid of the starch. Dry on papertowels.You can remove the skins if you want. In a small bowl, mix together the canola oil, cinnamon and sugar. Add in the chickpeas and make sure they are all evenly coated. Spread out the beans on a baking sheet and bake for about 35mins until crunchy and no longer soft in the middle. Once cooked, transfer the chickpeas in a bowl and cover with honey and a couple of dashes of cinnamon. Transfer back to the baking sheet to cool and dry. Enjoy this easy snack
Very Slightly Adapted from: The Pasty Affair