This has to be one of my favorite soups ever.
I can’t get enough of it!
It’s super simple to make, packed with flavor, a little spice and I just love little meatballs! Especially in soup! Remember my chicken meatball wedding soup? The bomb.
And this one just as fab! Except it’s even easier to make and the ingredient list is as basic and simple as it gets!
And I do realize it’s spring and you are probably over soups by now, but I’m telling you give this one a chance, you won’t be sorry!
Have I mentioned we are going to Mexico in 6 weeks? I am soo excited! 6 days in Puerto Vallarta :) And hopefully if I pass my test it will be a celebration trip too and I can finally relax
One thing though, I need to get my booty in shape! Although I’m not all that out of shape right now, I don’t feel my best and I am dreading being in bikini…
So for the next 6 weeks I am going to be hitting the gym hard! I’m going to try to get to spin twice a week and then 3-4 days of regular cardio/weight training and 1-2 rest days. And I should really go tanning…I am as pale as it gets and in Vegas, that’s pretty unacceptable
Back to the soup!
My husband doesn’t really care for soup. Not really at all. Whenever I tell him we are having soup for dinner, he is like “That’s it!?” But this soup, he can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner and I won’t hear any complaints. We.love.this.stuff!
And definitely bikini-friendly
Spaghetti and Meatballs Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tbsp marinara sauce
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 6 oz dry spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a big pot, over medium high heat combine the broth, water, garlic, onion, parsley, marinara and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, basil and parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and shape into meatballs. I had about 36 meatballs.
- Transfer the meatballs in the pot and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the broken noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust salt, pepper and red pepper flakes accordingly.
- Serve with extra grated parmesan!
Adapted from: SkinnyTaste