Hey guys! I know it’s been a while… I’ve been MIA for almost a month now…and why you might ask?
Because I’ve been extremely busy studying my butt off for my real estate exam!
That’s right I’m following in my successful husband’s footsteps and going to become a realtor too
Well that is if I pass the test first…
To be honest going in, I thought it would take me 2 weeks of studying and I’ll be good to go, but in reality there is soo much to learn! Especially in the beginning, I felt completely overwhelmed and let’s just say for the past 3 and half weeks I haven’t had much of a life.
And have been eating waaay too much junk food…
Like me and Taco Bell have become very close friends…too close…
But now that I’m almost done with all the studying and feel pretty confident about passing one part of the test I can start blogging again
Except I’ll be doing things a little different around here…
You know how much I love food right?
I mean just one glance at my Pinterest boards and you get the idea, right!?
Well this blog is starting a new chapter with healthier food! Yes I promise you it’s still going to be super indulgent and well pretty fab but it’s going to be much lighter! And I will include calories with that too
Every now and then I might post something a little more indulging after all we all deserve a cheat day, but for the most part I’m trying to be much more cautious about my diet and I have been hitting the gym a lot more often too
I even took my first spin class! Little did I know, it was an advanced class and completely kicked my butt! I was pretty sure I was either going to a) die or b) fall off the bike and 3) throw up the entire 1 hour of hell class.
But I loved every second of it! Somehow, I don’t even know how, I was actually able to keep up and made it through without giving up. Not that it didn’t cross my mind once or twice or a million times.
One negative though, my butt hurt for the next 3days. I could barely sit down.
So anyways today I am sharing a brownie recipe. And they are skinny! And there is absolutely no butter! And did I mention you make them in your blender or food processor? Yes seriously! Less than 5 mins prep time
They are rich, fudgy, like super fudgy! I adore peanut butter/chocolate combo! Can’t get enough of it lately I mean it should really be its own food group right? Because of how rich these brownies are a little goes a long way, but hey if it’s one of those days where you just need all the chocolate you can get your hands on then go ahead and indulge in these, at least you can sleep better at night knowing there’s no butter in them :)
Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (you can also substitute honey, agave or sweetener of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (greek yogurt or plain yogurt are also fine!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, making an overlap at the edges for easier removal. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients together and blend until smooth and the oats are ground up. Make sure you scrape the sides every now and then!
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 23-26 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out a little moist but the brownies are set.
- Let completely cool, then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least an hour before cutting up.
- Cut into 16 slices and serve!
Variation: You can also make swirl brownies by blending everything in the blender except the peanut butter. Then once you pour the batter in the baking dish, melt the peanut butter for 30-40 seconds in the microwave and spoon on the batter. Run a knife through the peanut butter to create swirls! Either way it will be deelish!