So Crock-pot Wednesdays are back.
If you ask me what my favorite appliance is the first answer that pops in my head is my crockpot.
No not my donut maker.
Or my frappucino maker.
It’s definitely my crockpot. Why?
Because it’s just too convenient! I go to work in the morning, I come home and dinner is already made.
I also love that I only have to clean 1 pot! That’s definitely a plus!
So let’s talk about these sandwiches. They are soo tasty!
I whipped these up in the spur of the moment.
I wanted to make dinner but was too lazy to go grocery shopping.
So I looked around my kitchen and what did I see…
Some frozen chicken in the freezer…
a can of pineapple….
and bbq sauce…
and some buns that were going to go bad soon…
And then it just clicked.
Hawaiian BBQ chicken sandwiches of course!!!
I love the sweetness of the grilled pineapple, the tang of the bbq, the sharp cheddar adds a nice saltiness to balance all the sweetness and then all served on a toasted bun.
And it all took 5mins to prepare.
Now that’s my kind of dinner.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used mesquite flavor -don’t use too sweet of a BBQ)
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 slices cheddar (I used shredded)
- 2 burger buns
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Combine the pineapple juice and BBQ and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4hrs or until the chicken is fork tender.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot and mix with sauce.
- Grill the pineapple slices.
- Toast the buns.
- Spoon BBQ chicken and sauce on the buns, top with shredded cheddar and grilled pineapple.
- Serve and enjoy!