Yep I know.
I warned you I’m obsessed.
So instead of working out, I made you cupcakes.
And once again, a chocolate cupcake.
I think I probably have at least 5 chocolate based cupcakes on this blog, but I can’t help it.
I’m a complete chocoholic.
And not just that.
I’m married to the ultimate chocoholic.
You ask him what he wants for dessert his answer will be CHOCOLATE every time! Nothing else.
But these are not just your plain chocolate cupcakes.
Nah. It all starts with a layer of butter sugary crushed graham crackers, then we top that with chocolate chip chocolate batter and then we frost it with creamy marshmallow cream cheese frosting. Why cream cheese? Because I love cream cheese frostings, that’s why I love the texture and they are not overly sweet, just oh-so-good!
These cupcakes are even better the next day (and easier to eat too!) Just store in airtight container and you are good to go!
Here’s the recipe:
Makes: 12 cupcakes (you will have leftover batter with which I made 21 mini chocolate cupcakes. The frosting is enough to frost all the cupcakes)
- 6 sheets graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Put paper liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients together and stir until the crumbs resemble wet sand.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tbsp of the graham crumbs into each cupcake liner and press down with your fingers(or glass or a measuring spoon) to create a crust. Set aside.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.]
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and coconut oil.
- Whisk in the egg, vanilla and milk.
- In a second bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter in the graham cracker cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add the marshmallow creme and beat to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt and beat until the frosting is thick and fluffy,
- If too thick add some milk (a tsp at a time) until desired consistency is reached.
- If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
Decorate with chocolate sprinkles.