Who said that if you’re trying to lose weight you can’t eat cookies?
Well definitely not this girl! I strongly encourage it
There’s a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there so why choose this one?
Well because it’s super easy to make and it’s swimsuit friendly
Each cookie has only 124 calories! So go ahead, indulge and grab 2!
Only 33 days until the sunny beaches of Puerto Vallarta! Can you tell how excited I am!
I bought 2 new swimsuits and 5 dresses! And I’ve been working out like a maniac…
And I finally went tanning yesterday! It feels soo good to finally have some color
So after a long workout, go ahead reward yourself with a skinny cookie! You earned it
Best Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 15 cookies
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular dark chocolate chips because I was out of minis)
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- In a bowl with electric or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and applesauce and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda, beating until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2hrs or preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- Drop the dough by rounded tbsp on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each ball of cookie dough with sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11mins.
- Let cool completely before digging in
Hello my little muffins
So today we are talking breakfast.
You know that first meal of the day you are suppose to eat but usually skip because you woke up late (again) and need to get to work asap?
Well I know that sure happens to me on most days.
Well they don’t call breakfast the most important meal of the day for no reason, right?
It gives you energy to get through your busy, starts your metabolism and studies show that people who eat breakfast do tend to lose weight (and keep it off) quicker! So here is a great choice for breakfast-on-the-go!
These are super chocolaty, almost like dessert (dessert for breakfast anyone!?), the bananas and applesauce make them very moist and they will give you all the energy you need to start your day
Just grab ém and go!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Glaze
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 small ripe bananas, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the bananas, applesauce, egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat to combine. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to 12 muffins tins.
- Bake for 30mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool muffins before glazing.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4-3/4 tsp water
Directions: Combine the powdered sugar and water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add more water to reach desired consistency. Glaze the cooled muffins.
Very Slightly adapted from: