I love burgers.
But when you are on a diet, that’s one thing you try to stay away from.
You try to get your fix from chicken sandwiches, or veggie burgers or black bean burgers.
But it’s just not the same thing. At all.
But this! It’s as close to a burger in a casserole dish as it gets!
It’s cheesy, meaty and totally cravings satisfying!
Top it with some chopped pickles. Do it.
Why? Because a burger is not complete until you taste the zing and crunch of a pickle. Love it.
And it’s skinny. Yep, totally.
And it’s ready in 30mins. Now that’s my kind of a meal
If you are feeling naughty add some bacon bits. Why? Because bacon makes the world a better place.
But if you’re feeling nice, leave it out totally up to you
- 2 cups rotini pasta, cooked accoding to package directions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 2 15oz cans stewed tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pickles, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, heat olive oil.
- Once hot, add onion and cook until translucent about 5mins.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30secs.
- Add the ground beef and cook until cooked through and browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, ketchup, mayo, mustard, salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Stir all togather and cook on low for 2mins.
- Add the drained pasta to the meaty sauce.
- Transfer to the baking dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15mins.
- Let cool for 5mins.
- Sprinkle with pickles and serve!
Slightly Adapted from: