This is the Bomb!!!
So a few days ago, I was going through a stack of old magazines and newspapers that have been pilling up on my dresser for a while now and since we are moving soon, it was time to throw away and organize some things. Well as I was going through the junk, an ad popped at me.
A pizza ad to be exact.
And since Mr. Picky was right next to me, he noticed. And he said that he was craving pizza. Badly.
So of course I had to make some.
He rarely has any requests when it comes to food so when he does I try to accommodate him as much as possible.
All he wanted on his pizza was chicken, bacon and ranch.
I made it happen and it turned out fricken fa-bu-lous
I love making homemade pizza! I just really don’t see the point in spending $15-$20 on something that is really cheap to make! I also love that I know exactly what goes in it and can customize it however I want:)
If you can, make your own dough, the recipe I use is very easy to make and super quick so you definitely need to give it try.
But if you are short on time go ahead and cheat, its ok You can get pizza dough from your local grocery store or ask your favorite pizza place and they might sell you some!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Makes 1 pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 medium small chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- about 2 cups of shredded italian blend cheese
- ranch to drizzle (I used bacon ranch)
Directions: Preheat oven to 375F.
Roll out the pizza dough and transfer to a pizza pan. Using your fingers, create a crust.
In a bowl combine the tomato sauce, basil, garlic, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes.
Cover the crust with the tomato sauce. Top with shredded chicken, bacon and cheese.
Bake for 23-25mins.
Let cool for 5 mins then drizzle ranch all over!
- To shred chicken breasts: In a pot, bring about 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts, return to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30mins or until the chicken is easily pierced with a fork. Let it cool and shred with your fingers or 2 forks.