So this morning when I woke up all I wanted was pancakes! But not just any pancakes- I wanted good for you, fluffy chocolate pancakes and they were beyond amazing! And they had to be mini, isn’t food soo much cutter when it’s tiny and that way when you eat 3-4 pancakes you don’t feel as bad! And they are soo filling! VERY extremely easy to make and I’m sure you already have everything on hand Pancakes for dinner anyone? You are going to love them!!! Serve them with a light maple syrup and you have an amazing breakfast that will keep you full for hours all for under 300 calories!
Serves 2 (makes about 8-9 mini pancakes)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (you can also use gluten-free flour if you want)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Hershey’s Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar (or you can use any other sweetener like stevia)
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 tbsp milk (you can use nondairy if you prefer)
- semi sweet or dark chocolate chips, optional
Directions: In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In a measuring cup combine all the wet ingredients. Now pour the wet ingredient into the dry and stir to combine. Don’t overbeat it! The batter should be a little lumpy but all the dry ingredients should be saturated. Heat a pan or griddle on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour some batter on the pan (about 1/8 cup) sprinkle with some chocolate chips and cook until perfectly set. Flip and cook that side for about 1-2 mins. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with syrup! Yum!